The Toronto office of Klohn Crippen Berger Ltd. (KCB) is looking for a Senior Geotechnical/Geological Engineer with over 10 years of experience to join our growing business in Ontario. This is very much a growth opportunity for the right individual as KCB expands its presence in the province.
The successful candidate will join a dynamic team of motivated and hardworking professionals committed to delivering high quality engineering services. We are looking for leaders in the fields of ground hazards, geostructures, foundations, and dams.
Initiative, strategic thinking, enthusiasm, and commitment to technical excellence and office/company growth in operating markets are all important qualities of our team members. Our teams work collaboratively in a professional environment that allows each member to develop professionally while working on challenging projects.
While maintaining your technical excellence in your area of expertise, this senior role will give you the opportunity to:
- Work with Contractor clients on large design build projects in the roads and bridges, and railway sectors
- Act as a Project Manager for highway bridge projects, and passenger and freight railway related projects, from conceptual design through construction and operation
- Assist a varied client base, with challenging needs, including geohazard risk management, mitigation and design, earth and rock slope design, erosion control, river engineering, dam design, and challenging foundation designs
- Take part in business development, pursue projects and prepare proposals
- Develop our network in the province, including developing teaming arrangements with other consultants, partners and clients
- Mentor intermediate and junior staff and help to build our Ontario team
If you are registered as a Professional Engineer in Canada, have 10+ years of experience in the transportation sector, including on heavy civil projects requiring geotechnical engineering skills, and have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in civil or geological engineering, we want to hear from you.
We value your:
- Ability to understand multidiscipline design projects and interface effectively with the various disciplines (environmental, geotechnical, civil-structural, electrical and mechanical).
- High technical competence and analytical skills
- Strong business acumen and demonstrated ability to develop and sustain long-lasting business relationships with clients and partners
- Thorough knowledge of the Transportation and Railway business in Ontario, with experience in design-build and PPP projects considered an asset.
- Experience working on Ontario Ministry of Transportation projects
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to work in a team environment to coach, mentor and motivate staff
- Interpersonal skills and ability to lead, manage, and motivate project teams.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Klohn Crippen Berger Ltd. is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm with four major business units providing engineering, geoscience and environmental services in the infrastructure, mining, hydropower, transportation, ports, geotechnical, oil sands, oil and gas, environmental, and water resources sectors. KCB has been one of Canada’s leading geotechnical consultants for over 60 years. We offer a full range of services from our offices in Canada, Australia, Peru, Brazil, the US and UK. Klohn Crippen Berger is a platinum member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies.
At KCB, the project work is challenging and varied, and there are opportunities for travel. We support, accommodate and are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. We offer professional career development tracks and salaries commensurate with experience and an attractive benefits package.
Are you up to the challenge?
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, simply apply on-line with your résumé and covering letter quoting the job reference number 1444-P19.
We thank all candidates for applying, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.