As a Civil or Geotechnical Engineer, you will have the opportunity to work on large-scale world-class projects involving the design and construction of tailings residue and waste storage facilities for the Mining and Energy Resources Sector. KCB continues to grow and has exciting projects which will allow you to challenge and grow your engineering skills. This role will provide you with interesting technical challenges and the opportunity to work closely with other talented professionals committed to delivering high quality engineering and geoscience services.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Plan, coordinate, supervise, interpret and report on field investigation programs including; desktop reviews, field mapping, test pitting, drilling, sampling and testing.
- Perform analysis and design of mine waste management facilities including modelling using software packages such as GeoStudio, Rocscience, AutoCAD, etc. and in-house analytical tools. Although we value previous experience, in-house training for modelling platforms and analytical tools will be provided as required.
- Prepare engineering reports, drawings, specifications, presentations and bills of quantities using MS Office software and AutoCAD.
- Conduct monitoring and supervision of bulk earthworks construction for quality assurance and providing on-the-ground design advice to clients and contractors.
- Support project management and client management duties for projects as required.
If you are registered or eligible to register as a CPEng, have a Bachelor's or Master’s degree Civil or geotechnical Engineering and a minimum of 2 years of related experience in the energy, mining or related industries, we want to hear from you!
We value your
- Strong initiative, innovation and commitment to technical excellence as well as your enthusiasm and drive toward long-term success
- Exceptional team spirit, interpersonal skills and your ability to build long-term, successful relationships with our project teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to operate autonomously and in group environments
- Flexibility in skill sets and experience
- 2.5% Additional superannuation
- Income Protection Insurance
- Training and development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
Klohn Crippen Berger (KCB) is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm providing engineering, geoscience and environmental services in the mining, hydropower, environmental, transportation, geotechnical, oil & gas, and water resources sectors. We offer a full range of services from our offices in Australia, Canada, USA, Peru, Brazil and the United Kingdom.
Our Australasian Group services mining, energy and government clients, with our regional area of operation comprising Australia, Asia and the Pacific Rim. Nationally, we have a large team of engineers, hydrogeologists, geochemists and specialist modellers with a strong industry reputation and broad experience base.
We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. We offer salaries commensurate with experience and an attractive benefits package. Candidates with a drive for team oriented project delivery, and who have a desire to develop a long term career, are especially encouraged to apply. KCB is an Australian Business Awards Employer of Choice recipient (2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018).
Are you up to the challenge?
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, simply apply on-line with your résumé and covering letter quoting the job reference number 1458-D19 .
We thank all candidates for applying, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.