As a Geochemist at KCB, you will have the opportunity to work on large-scale world-class projects. KCB continues to grow and has exciting projects which will allow you to challenge and grow your geochemistry skills. This role will provide you with interesting technical challenges and the opportunity to work closely with other talented professionals committed to delivering high quality geoscience and engineering services.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Work internationally and in Australia on mining, closure, government and non-mining projects
- Be involved with geochemical characterisation programs, geochemical modeling and contribute to large multi-disciplinary projects in a range of environments.
- Work with a team of experienced geochemists and hydrogeochemist in collecting, interpreting and reporting on geochemical data, developing geochemical conceptual and predictive models and apply your geochemical knowledge to a variety of challenges.
- Work closely with clients from concept design through to construction, commissioning and operation stages of the project lifecycle
- Build and maintain strong client relationships and work continually to develop business
- Work in a wonderful smaller company culture
- Travel within Australia and internationally to various project locations
What we offer in addition to an exciting geochemistry role:
- 2.5% Additional superannuation
- Income Protection Insurance
- Training and development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
We are seeking motivated individuals to apply for the position of Geochemist based in our Brisbane office. This is a hands-on technical role intended to add value to our international environmental geochemistry practice.
The ideal candidate(s) should have the following attributes:
- Over 2 years of relevant geochemical experience or the equivalent of education and experience.
- A minimum Bachelor’s degree which includes geology, preferably post-graduate qualifications in geochemistry/hydrochemistry or similar.
- Geochemical experience and knowledge is required in the areas of acid rock drainage, neutral rock drainage, water quality modelling and geochemical test programs.
- Experience in water quality modelling using software such as PHREEQC, GWB or GoldSim would be an added advantage (with any experience in coding also of interest).
- Knowledge and experience with applicable Australian and international ARD regulations and guidelines.
- Strong interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills in English, and the ability to work with a team of professionals.
- Willingness to undertake field programs.
- Be willing to travel domestically and internationally, occasionally in remote and varying environments sometimes with limited communications and logistical support.
- Show comprehension and application of strong business ethics and health, safety and environmental principles. Previous consulting experience is an asset.
More about us:
Klohn Crippen Berger (KCB) is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm providing engineering, geoscience and environmental services in the mining, hydropower, environmental, transportation, geotechnical, oil & gas, and water resources sectors. We offer a full range of services from our offices in Australia, Canada, USA, Peru, Brazil and the United Kingdom.
Our Australasian Group services mining, energy and government clients, with our regional area of operation comprising Australia, Africa, Asia and the Pacific Rim. Nationally, we have a large team of engineers, hydrogeologists, geochemists and specialist modellers with a strong industry reputation and broad experience base.
We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. We offer salaries commensurate with experience and an attractive benefits package. Candidates with a drive for team oriented project delivery, and who have a desire to develop a long term career, are especially encouraged to apply. KCB is an Australian Business Awards Employer of Choice recipient (2015-2019).
Are you up to the challenge?
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, simply apply on-line for job # 1464-D19 with your résumé and covering letter.
We thank all candidates for applying, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted