The Toronto office of Klohn Crippen Berger Ltd. (KCB) is looking for a Senior Structural Engineer with over 10 years of experience to join our growing business in Ontario. This is very much a growth opportunity for the right individual as KCB expands its presence in the province.
The successful candidate will join a dynamic team of motivated and hardworking professionals committed to delivering high quality engineering services. We are looking for leaders in the fields of hydropower, dams, bridges and rail infrastructure. Design-build experience is an asset.
Initiative, strategic thinking, enthusiasm and commitment to technical excellence and office/company growth in local markets are all important qualities of our team members. Our teams work collaboratively in a professional environment that allows each member to develop professionally while working on challenging projects.
While maintaining your technical excellence in your area of expertise, this senior role will give you the opportunity to:
- Work with Contractor clients on design-build projects in the hydropower, bridge, and railway sectors;
- Act as a Project Manager for bridge projects, hydroelectric projects, and passenger and freight railway related projects, carrying projects from conceptual design through construction and commissioning;
- Service a varied client base of both external and internal clients with challenging needs: including, bridge foundations subject to seismic, wind, traffic and soil-structure interaction loadings; and dams and appurtenant structures subject to hydrostatic, seismic, hydrodynamic and soil-structure interaction loadings.
- Mentor intermediate and junior staff and help to build our Ontario team;
- Work effectively in multi-disciplinary and geographically diverse teams;
- Communicate effectively with clients;
- Take part in business development, pursue projects and prepare proposals;
- Develop our network in the province, including developing teaming arrangements with other consultants, partners, and clients.
If you are registered as a Professional Engineer in Canada, have 10+ years of experience in the hydro or transportation sector, including heavy civil projects requiring structural engineering skills, and have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in civil or structural engineering, we want to hear from you.
We value your:
- Ability to understand multidisciplinary design projects and interface effectively with the various disciplines (environmental, geotechnical, hydrotechnical, civil, electrical and mechanical).
- High technical competence and analytical skills
- Strong business acumen and demonstrated ability to develop and sustain long-lasting business relationships with clients and partners
- Thorough knowledge of the transportation, hydro and railway business in Ontario, with experience in design-build and PPP projects considered an asset.
- Experience working on Ministry of Transportation Ontario projects
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to work in a team environment to coach, mentor and motivate staff
- Interpersonal skills and ability to lead, manage, and motivate project teams
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
Klohn Crippen Berger Ltd. (KCB) is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm providing engineering and environmental services in the mining, hydropower, transportation, ports, infrastructure, oil & gas, environmental, and water resources sectors. KCB has been one of Canada’s leading engineering consultants for over 60 years. We offer a full range of services from our offices in Canada, Australia, Peru, Brazil, UK and the US. KCB is a platinum member of Canada’s Best Managed companies.
At KCB, the project work is challenging and varied, and there are opportunities for travel. We support, accommodate and are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. We offer professional career development tracks and salaries commensurate with experience; as well as an attractive benefits package.
Are you up to the challenge?
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, simply apply on-line with your résumé and covering letter quoting the job reference number 1471-P19.