Klohn Crippen Berger’s Power and Transportation Business Unit, based in Vancouver, provides engineering and environmental services through five integrated groups; Hydro, Marine, Transportation, Geostructures and Resource Sector. The Power and Transportation Business Unit is seeking a Junior or Intermediate Electrical Drafter with design experience to join Klohn Crippen Berger and to participate in various hydroelectric and water management projects.
This position offers an excellent opportunity within the company and to become a key member of our electrical, protection and controls design team. You will be a part of a dynamic company that strives to ensure both employee and client satisfaction through successful implementation of our clients’ projects.
The role will require design and drafting primarily in the 2D environment although 3D cad experience would be an asset. You will work with a team of motivated and hardworking professionals committed to technical excellence. The position is based in Klohn Crippen Berger's Vancouver office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and prepare both formal engineering designs and sketches, including single line diagrams, schematics, wiring diagrams, and equipment general arrangements.
- Adapt to a variety of project assignments.
- Collaborate in a team of engineers and other design professionals.
- Able to make short-term site visits as required.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Certificate or diploma in drafting or design from a Canadian accredited program.
- Two to four years experience in electrical design and drafting.
- Proficient in AutoCAD 2016 or newer, including use of layers and naming conventions as required by drafting standards.
- Familiar with spreadsheets including Microsoft Excel.
- Experience in utility or industrial projects would be preferred.
- 3D cad experience would be advantageous.
- Able to collaborate and work well with others.
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills.
Requirements for employment with KCB
The successful candidate will possess a valid Class 5 British Columbia driver’s license, may be required to work in the field, and may be required to work on the following types of projects:
- Hydroelectric facilities, dams, and reservoirs
- Oil sands and Shale Gas energy projects
- Pipeline infrastructure
- Mining infrastructure including tailings disposal facilities
Klohn Crippen Berger Ltd. is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm with four major business units providing engineering, geoscience and environmental services in the infrastructure, mining, hydropower, transportation, ports, geotechnical, oil sands, oil and gas, environmental, and water resources sectors. We offer a full range of services from our offices in Canada, Australia and Peru. Klohn Crippen Berger is a platinum member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies.
Headquartered in beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia, Klohn Crippen Berger is involved in projects around the world supported by offices in Calgary and Edmonton, Alberta; Sudbury and Toronto, Ontario; Lima, Peru, and Brisbane and Perth, Australia. At Klohn Crippen Berger the project work is challenging and varied, and there are opportunities for travel (in Canada as well as internationally).
Klohn Crippen Berger’s Power and Transportation Business Unit provides multi-discipline engineering services for projects in a variety of market sectors. Our Engineering disciplines include civil, structural, geotechnical, mechanical, electrical, and hydrotechnical engineering, and environmental services.
- Our hydroelectric team performs all phases of design for hydroelectric projects for large utilities and smaller independent power projects.
- Our ports and harbours group is a leader in the development of major facilities on Canada’s coasts and internationally.
- Our structural team designs and rehabilitates; performs seismic analyses and design; and completes all elements of heavy industrial engineering.
- Our bridge engineering group designs new bridges, rehabilitates bridges, and performs construction engineering.
- Our mining design team is involved in a wide variety of projects including mine tailings for mineral and oil sands mining clients both in Canada and internationally.
We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. We offer professional career development tracks, competitive salaries commensurate with experience and an attractive benefits package designed to suit your individual needs.
Are you up to the challenge?
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, simply apply online with your resume and covering letter quoting the job reference number 1474-P19.
We thank all candidates for applying, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.