As a Senior Groundwater Modeller at KCB, you will have the opportunity to work on large-scale world-class projects. KCB continues to grow and has exciting projects which will allow you to challenge and grow your groundwater modelling skills while working with an experienced hydrogeology team. This role will provide you with interesting technical challenges and the opportunity to work closely with other talented professionals committed to delivering high quality geoscience and engineering services.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- work internationally and Australia in mining, closure, government and non-mining projects
- lead groundwater modeling aspects of projects using a variety of software platforms, finite element, finite difference and analytical tools
- expand multiphase modeling capability within the group
- assist in GIS and spatial data management
- accelerate your career and develop complementing skills in modeling and data management within a strong and industry-recognised organisation.
- mentor up-and-coming modellers and hydrogeologists as they grow their modelling skillset
- collaborate with a team of experienced specialist geoscientists in a variety of projects
- contribute to providing clients with solutions to in a range of projects, often as part of multi-disciplinary teams.
- build and maintain strong client relationships and work continually to develop business
- Work in a wonderful smaller company culture
We are seeking motivated individuals to apply for the position of Senior Groundwater Modeller based in our Brisbane office. This is a hands-on technical role intended to add value to our international hydrogeology practice and as part of a well-established geosciences consulting team.
What we offer in addition to an exciting technical role:
- 2.5% Additional superannuation
- Income Protection Insurance
- Training and development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
The ideal candidate(s) should have the following attributes:
- 8 or more years of relevant groundwater modelling experience, or the equivalent of education and practical experience.
- A minimum Bachelor’s degree which includes geology, preferably post-graduate qualifications in hydrogeology and groundwater water modeling.
- Groundwater modeling experience, ideally with finite element and finite difference experience, as well as calibration, verification and presentation and discussion of results
- Experience in using analytical flow approaches
- Experience in contaminant transport modelling would be an asset.
- Background in geological modeling would be an asset as would database and spreadsheet skills, and code writing (Python and others)
- Knowledge and experience with Australian and international regulations and guidelines.
- Good interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills in English, and the ability to work collaboratively with a team of professionals.
- Show comprehension and application of strong business ethics and health, safety and environmental principles. Previous consulting experience is an asset.
More about us:
Klohn Crippen Berger (KCB) is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm providing engineering, geoscience and environmental services in the mining, hydropower, environmental, transportation, geotechnical, oil & gas, and water resources sectors. We offer a full range of services from our offices in Australia, Canada, USA, Peru, Brazil and the United Kingdom.
Our Australasian Group services mining, energy and government clients, with our regional area of operation comprising Australia, Africa, Asia and the Pacific Rim. Nationally, we have a large team of engineers, hydrogeologists, geochemists and specialist modellers with a strong industry reputation and broad experience base.
We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. We offer salaries commensurate with experience and an attractive benefits package. Candidates with a drive for team oriented project delivery, and who have a desire to develop a long term career, are especially encouraged to apply. KCB is an Australian Business Awards Employer of Choice recipient (2015 - 2019).
Are you up to the challenge?
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, simply apply on-line with your résumé and covering letter quoting the job reference number 1478 - D19 at www.klohn.com.
We thank all candidates for applying, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.