The Calgary office of Klohn Crippen Berger (KCB) is looking for an Intermediate or Senior Geotechnical/Civil Engineer with mine and tailings experience. You will be joining our close-knit Engineering team working on world class mining and tailings projects which are at the leading edge of emerging technologies in the industry. In this role you will collaborate with our talented professionals who are committed to delivering high quality engineering solutions to our clients.
KCB continues to be a leader in engineering, geoscience and environmental consulting and has an exciting future in several strategic markets in Canada and abroad. In this role you will help us grow the Resources Group and advance your career in our One Team culture that builds strong, collaborative and focused teams who enjoy themselves throughout project delivery. We value a winning attitude, a hunger for learning and innovation, adaptability and flexibility, respectful engagement with our team and our client representatives, and a sense of fun.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Work on a variety of projects including tailings dam design, mine and tailings planning support, mine pit slope design, embankment dams and earthworks design, site characterization, geohazard risk assessment and control, terrain analysis, slope stability assessments, seepage analyses, numerical modeling, and foundation design.
- Lead project designs including the preparation of technical reports and the development of construction drawings and tender packages.
- Build and develop strong relationships with our Clients, our multidisciplinary project teams, sub-contractors and other project stakeholders.
- Use your problem-solving skills to find innovative solutions to technical issues.
- Receive on-going guidance and mentorship from leaders in the industry.
- Work in a dynamic One Team company culture that supports career development.
- Contribute to the growth of the Resources Group and engage and mentor junior staff.
- Travel primarily in Western Canada and potentially to our overseas project locations.
If you are registered or eligible to register as a Professional Engineer in Canada, have a Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Geotechnical or Civil Engineering and a minimum of 6 years of related tailings and dam engineering experience in mining, we want to hear from you!
We value your:
- Strong initiative and commitment to technical excellence as well as your enthusiasm and drive towards achieving long-term success.
- Demonstrated leadership, project management, decision-making and coaching skills, especially your ability to engage, train and mentor young professionals.
- Flexibility, adaptability and willingness to travel and passion for learning.
- Ability to work in a performance focused, collaborative team environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including your experience in writing technical reports and preparing tender documents.
- Experience in various design software, such as Slope/W or Seep/W.
- Experience with 2D and 3D numerical modeling programs relating to slope stability and deformation analysis such as Clara or FLAC.
- Ability to execute projects to meet Client requirements.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to build long-term, successful relationships with our clients.
- Strong business acumen.
Klohn Crippen Berger Ltd. is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm with four major business units providing engineering and environmental services in the hydropower, transportation, ports, infrastructure, mining, oil & gas, environmental and water resources sectors. KCB has been one of Canada's leading engineering consultants for over 60 years. We offer a full range of services from our offices in Canada, Australia, Peru, Brazil, UK and the US.
From our offices in Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon and York, England, our Alberta Group works on challenging projects in the, Mining, Oil Sands developments, Water, Power and Transportation markets, and Oil and Gas industry. We are a leader in tailings management, dam design, multi-disciplinary civil engineering services, geotechnical and foundation engineering, hydrogeology, hydrotechnical, and environmental and reclamation services.
Klohn Crippen Berger is a platinum member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies. We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. We offer professional career development tracks, competitive salaries commensurate with experience and an attractive benefits package designed to suit your individual needs.
Are you up to the challenge?
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, simply apply online with your resume and covering letter quoting the job reference number 1482-A19.
We thank all candidates for applying, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.