Commercial Properties Limited has been developing and managing properties in Eastern Canada for over fifty years. We offer high quality premises, great locations, and focus strongly on tenant service. Our specialties include professional offices as well as industrial and retail real estate. We have completed a number of exciting projects over the recent past that we feel have made a difference in the communities they serve.
We are searching for a Project Manager to take the lead for maintenance-related repair and improvement capital projects on existing CPL buildings, as well as providing support to the General Manager and other senior staff on other projects as required. This position will have responsibility for projects with budgets up to $200,000; projects may be completed through hiring a general contractor or, on smaller projects, managing sub trades directly. The position will ensure CPL is continuing to improve on energy efficiency, quality and performance as well as cost effectiveness. Being creative and looking for unique solutions for common problems, as well as knowledgeable and current with new systems and their performance/costs will be critical to the success of the position.
- Own and guide designated projects from concept to completion:
- For projects with direct engagement with sub-trades: manage the process through all stages, including design, planning, scheduling, budgeting, tendering, implementation and turn over to operating staff.
- For projects which include a general contractor: act as CPL lead to ensure CPL requirements are met throughout the stages of design, planning, scheduling, budgeting, tendering, construction and turn over to operating staff.
- Manage contractors, consultants, tenants and other stakeholders; develop strong client relationships; resolve issues, or recommend resolutions to CPL management.
- Report regularly on project status in written and financial reports; establish, co-ordinate and maintain project documentation.
- Develop and manage project-specific budgets:
- Acquire suppliers/contractors pricing; ensure appropriate CPL approvals and all required documentation and processes are in place before proceeding with work activities.
- Review progress claims from contractors for compliance with agreements and recommend payments.
- Obtain the required project approvals from relevant stakeholders (internal approval, zoning, heritage, etc.) including the review and interpretation of municipal by-laws.
- Identify, obtain and manage environmental approvals, permits or licenses, as appropriate to the project.
- Ensure relevant close-out documents are completed and distributed (i.e.: Operation and Maintenance Manuals).
- Completion, either through a general contractor or directly through the management of sub-trades, of building maintenance and improvement projects such as masonry, roof and window repairs, HVAC equipment, paving, grounds work, emergency and safety.
- Provide support to the CPL General Manager and other senior CPL staff on selected projects.
Required Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in the delivery of building maintenance and renovations projects of varying size and scope.
- Strong knowledge of construction and project management methodologies and practices.
- Skilled ability to facilitate and manage the efforts of project teams - architects, engineers, maintenance staff, consultants and contractors.
- Strong organizational skills, combined with the ability to effectively influence others and successfully resolve a variety of client, project and technical issues.
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Office, MS Project and MS PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Legislation.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in engineering or architecture. A Project Management designation would be considered an asset.
- Familiarity with sustainability/LEED design concepts.
- Broad base of knowledge in building codes and relevant legislation.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply here.