Assisting the Plant Manager with the daily operation and maintenance of a large steel fabrication facility, including:
- Co-ordination and supervision of manpower;
- Production planning & scheduling of fabrication process;
- Identification & implementation of process improvements.
Education Requirements - Knowledge & Skills:
- The successful candidate will have a Civil Engineering and/or Civil Engineering Technology background;
- Candidates with a minimum five years experience in design and/or project management in the steel or construction industry will be given preference;
- Results-driven with a focus on future growth and development;
- Supervisory experience in a unionized environment would be an asset;
- Detail-oriented coupled with proven sense of urgency and ability to balance priorities without sacrificing deadlines;
- Possess superior communication skills with ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management;
- Able to work well in an extremely fast-paced, deadline driven environment with proven time management and organizational skills.