- Read and interpret drawings, circuit diagrams and electrical code specifications to determine wiring layouts for new or existing installations;
- Pull wire through conduits and through holes in walls and floors;
- Install brackets and hangers to support electrical equipment;
- Install, replace and repair lighting fixtures and electrical control and distribution equipment, such as switches, relays and circuit breaker panels;
- Splice, join and connect wire to fixtures and components to form circuits;
- Test continuity of circuits using test equipment to ensure compatibility and safety of system, following installation, replacement or repair;
- Troubleshoot and isolate faults in electrical and electronic systems and remove and replace faulty components;
- Connect electrical power to audio and visual communication equipment
- signaling devices and heating and cooling systems;
- Conduct preventive maintenance programs and keep maintenance records.
Education & Requirements:
- Experience working in commercial and industrial environments;
- Apprentices or Journeypersons are both encouraged to apply;
- Successful applicants will be able to work with minimalsupervision;
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills;
- Be able to maintain excellent customer relations.