- Conduct safety audits and workplace inspections;
- Attend safety meetings and effectively communicate safety information to the division managers;
- Investigate and ensure timely reporting of all incidents/accidents (personal injury, property damage, near misses, etc.);
- Conduct safety orientations, fall protection equipment inspection, and other safety-related training;
- Complete job safety analysis.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a safety position in an industrial/unionized environment ideally within the Construction Industry is considered an asset;
- Strong knowledge of legislated requirements in various jurisdictions;
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical expertise;
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills coupled with proven ability to work well in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment;
- Strong computer skills using MS software programs;
- Excellent communication, management and leadership qualities working in a team environment;
- Professional Safety designation (CSS, CSO, NCSO, CRSP) is considered an asset.