Helpdesk (Tier 2):
- Courteously field incoming help requests from end users via online logging system. Update tickets to ensure good communication with customer and build Knowledge Base;
- Prioritize and schedule problems. Escalate as required to appropriate individual or third-party provider;
- Problem Resolution, including hands-on fixes at the desktop level and site visits;
- Analyze incidents, looking for opportunities to proactively prevent problems;
- Follow-up with end-users to ensure incidents and requests have been successfully resolved.
- Record status of automated scripts and take corrective action as required;
- Handle tape rotations, imaging, and restoring data when necessary;
- Maintain an updated asset inventory as assets are procured and disposed or moved;
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor and troubleshoot computer equipment;
- Troubleshoot with the 3rd party application’s technical support;
- Any other new operational or computer maintenance functions as may be defined.
- Minimum 2-year Technical Diploma;
- Ideal candidate will have 3-5 years prior experience in an IT support role;
- Work well in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and be detail-oriented;
- Microsoft and/or ITIL Certification would be considered an asset;
- Experience with Office 365, PowerShell, System Center, BackupExec, and Terminal Server/RDP considered an asset;
- Strong problem solving skills, strong verbal and written communication skills, and good organizational skills are required.