The Design Engineer is responsible for connection design work for low-rise and high-rise structures in the commercial and industrial industries. Duties include:
- Analysis of structural requirements and developing creative connection design solutions to meet these requirements;
- Systematic checks of structural contract drawings and contract specifications to determine any conflicts;
- Promptly advise project managers of any discrepancies and changes to the final design that may require change order requests from the customer;
- Effectively communicating with customer, draftspersons, and shop & erection personnel.
Education Requirements – Knowledge & Skills:
- The ideal candidate requires a Civil Engineering Degree, majoring in Structural Engineering and will be eligible to register as a Professional Engineer in Canada and the US; it is an asset to also have a Masters in Structural Engineering;
- The successful candidate will work well independently or as a team member, thrive in a results-driven environment and be detail orientated;
- Experience in related engineering experience is an asset;
- Knowledge of MS Excel, AutoCAD, SDS and/or TEKLA is an asset.