Executive Assistant Manager to the Senior Executive Team
Saint John, New Brunswick
Ocean Capital Holdings Limited is a privately held company located in Saint John, NB with interests across a number of business lines, including: broadcasting, real-estate, construction, industrial distribution and service. Our purpose is to have winning businesses and great people, all contributing to better communities. We unlock the potential of our businesses through imagination and a passion for winning, and we celebrate the uniqueness in each person. Our focus is on excellence and accomplishments.
Ocean Capital has a new opportunity for an Executive Assistant Manager (EAM) to the OCH Senior Executive leadership team. This is an exceptional opportunity for the right person who is interested in a unique and dynamic work environment.
- Reporting directly to the senior leadership team the EAM acts as the primary point of contact for all internal and external parties;
- Acts as a critical point of information for senior leadership groups, prioritizing resources, packaging work deliverables, and participating as a key player in special intiatives;
- The EAM is a key member of the senior team and as such participates in all senior executive and board meetings;
- Utilizes a high degree of confidentiality, judgement, strategic and effective communication;
- Prioritizes and manages multiple and varying responsibilities in a dynamic changing environment;
- Appraises senior leadership team on important and/or sensitive issues in a prioritized and timely fashion;
- Manages a balanced schedule by prioritizing level of urgency, importance and impact of requests by applying best available situational knowledge;
- Works closely the senior leadership team to remain well-informed of scheduling commitments and actions, planning, researching and advising of all relevant background information;
- Remains knowledgeable and informed on all aspects of business in which the senior leadership team is actively involved;
- Establishes strong network of relationships critical the operation of the Ocean Capital Holdings office;
- As required provides senior executive support to the team including administrative tasks such as: managing direct telephone line, preparing corporate and executive communications, scheduling of internal management and external meetings, organizing of materials and documents for meetings;
- Manages correspondence in a highly confidential manner, utilizing judgement to prioritize, review, respond, and organize communication.
- Oversees the document management system for the senior executive with the support of other EA’s;
- Competent in using audio visual technologies and software programs for training and conference purposes.
- Good judgment and interpretation of situations which require further action or decisions;
- Proactive approach to managing all activities;
- Accountable for professional judgement;
- Defines and resolves problems;
- Leads and improves business operations and processes;
- Learns and uses knowledge for operational excellence;
- Plans and sets priorities for success;
- Understanding and appreciation of the use of discretion and the confidential nature of the position.
- Exceptional Microsoft skills and technically savvy;
- Exceptional people and communication skills.
Required Education and Experience
- Undergraduate degree or community college diploma with the right blend of experience;
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in a fast-paced executive administration position within a corporate office;
- Previous work experience to demonstrate superior communication (written and verbal), problem solving skills and a keen eye on attention to detail;
- A successful candidate would demonstrate a strong work ethic, be highly organized, self-motivated and able to manage their time based on priorities and deadlines;
- Team player with a positive attitude, creativity, and the ability to provide outstanding customer service and value to all partners.
If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply with a resume and cover letter.