Commercial Properties Limited has been developing and managing properties in Eastern Canada for over fifty years. We offer high quality premises and property development expertise for professional and business offices, retail, commercial and industrial enterprises.
We are recruiting for a Maintenance Supervisor for our Southeast New Brunswick Region. The position will be based in Moncton, NB; currently, this region is responsible for properties in Moncton, Nova Scotia and PEI, as well as assistance with properties in Southwestern NB Region (Saint John) as required. This position will be responsible for managing a facilities maintenance team; responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Supervision of the Maintenance Team, with ‘hands-on’ participation in maintenance activities.
- Manage Property Inspection activities and ensure that appropriate standards are achieved.
- Manage Preventative Maintenance program projects (Painting, HVAC equipment replacement and maintenance contracts, transformer cleaning, window replacement, VMI monitoring, etc.). Participation in projects as required.
- Manage maintenance activities related to tenant requests. Participation in activities as required.
- Building Inspections, including hazard identification, job completion, building conditions.
- Training of maintenance staff on equipment operation, such as Sprinkler, HVAC, Plumbing, Controls.
- Troubleshoot and recommendation of solutions to Maintenance Manager for building issues.
- Contribute to and assist with Major Projects as required.
- On-call activities after-hours and weekends as required
Qualifications and Skills:
- 5 to 7 years of facility operations and maintenance work experience; demonstrated ability to implement processes and practices relating to facility operations and maintenance.
- High school diploma plus trades training, certification or licensing.
- Training and understanding of building systems (HVAC, Controls, Fire Alarm and Sprinkler, Plumbing, Roof, electrical); experience with relevant IT technology
- Knowledge and experience with fire, life, safety and building codes and standards.
- Experience supervising a team.
- Strong client-service orientation along with a high sense of urgency; effective communication skills
- Valid driver’s license.
Travel within southern NB (Saint John), Nova Scotia and PEI is required for training, and to provide expertise and leadership of activities and monitoring of facilities and tenants. This travel is estimated at 2 days per week.
Commercial Properties provides uniforms, tools, and competitive salary and benefits package. If you are interested in pursuing this opportunity, please forward your résumé with cover letter.