The Ocean Capital Group has five separate business lines with multiple companies providing these goods and services in Broadcasting, Commercial Real Estate, Construction, Industrial Distribution and Petroleum Services. This diverse group of companies is based in Saint John, New Brunswick and is spread geographically throughout Canada and has USA-based operations. There are over 1,200 users from over 65 networks accessing the various systems hosted within our Virtual Infrastructure.
The Group has a centralized IT function that is provided out of a Corporate Services division. The organization utilizes many Microsoft platforms, VMware, has an Oracle EnterpriseOne ERP as its core transaction system, operates several CAD systems, several Business Intelligence tools and maintains many business specific software applications.
We are seeking an ERP and Database Systems Architect to join our Information Technology team in Saint John, NB, reporting to the IT Operations Manager.
- Maintain and manage existing JD Edwards ERP system. Includes Building and Deploying new packages, installing ESU’s, system upgrades, monitoring system health, troubleshooting issues and supporting end users.
- Maintain, manage and deploy SQL Server Databases across our environment. Includes performance monitoring, security management, backups, etc.
- Maintain and manage existing Oracle Hyperion system. Includes Performance Monitoring, system maintenance and future upgrades.
- Create and maintain existing systems documentation.
- Act in a Tier 3 Support Role for ERP and SQL Systems, handling escalated Incidents and Service Requests while providing guidance to our Tier 2 support team. This includes on call and/or after-hours support.
- Responsible for testing and insuring Business Continuity of systems in a DR scenario.
- As a senior member of the IT team, you will be expected to participate in projects and teams with a focus on continuous improvement and assisting the IT department in achieving its larger goals.
- The position requires a dynamic individual with proven skills in a wide area of IT topics.
- The desired candidate is focused on continuous improvement and strives to learn, evolve and keep skills current.
- Minimum of 5 to 10 years’ experience in server administration, database platforms, virtualization, and cloud-based technology.
- Project Management experience or certifications considered an asset.
- ITIL Certification considered an asset.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented individual who is just as comfortable dealing with expansive projects as well as the details and follow-up required in day-to-day process delivery.
- The ideal candidate will have a strong business and technical acumen and be a proven communicator.