Director of Project Management
Ocean Capital Holdings Limited, a privately held company with its Corporate Office located in Saint John, New Brunswick, with interests across a number of business lines, including: broadcasting, real-estate, construction, industrial distribution and service. Our purpose is to have winning businesses and great people, all contributing to better communities.
We have an immediate opening for a Director of Project Management. This key position reports to the Vice President of Operations and Administration and will champion management of Business Projects that cross core business processes and all Business Lines of Ocean Capital Group of companies.
- Systems Identification, Implementation and Optimization:
- Manage, advise, and assist management of OC Companies with the following:
- Identify prospective systems for businesses.
- Work with Company management, Project Managers, IT Directors and IT support during execution of new system implementation.
- Lead and/or be part of the implementation team for projects.
- Drive system optimization for new and current systems.
- Vendor Relationship Management:
- A member of the selection committee when negotiating vendor agreements.
- A key member of the relationship team with the vendor.
- Business Intelligence and Performance Management Reporting:
- Work with Management to translate data into information or businesses to identify opportunities, build strategy, and improve operations.
- Lead Team of specialized Project Managers.
- Direct best practices in technology and business processes.
- Manage the team that supports users and ensure the applications work properly.
- Assist in the defining and development of business rules.
- Seek and propose ways to optimize and improve application processes in order to boost performance.
- Participate in upgrade and implementation projects.
- Adhere to established operational processes and propose improvements to them.
- Drive for Results- Champions Strategic Change Plans.
- Customer focus - Collaborates with internal clients and add value.
- Decision Making – Commits to strategic pathways.
- Innovation Management - Leads and improves business operations.
- Maintains emotional equilibrium - Handles demands of innovation and change.
- Takes ownership - Accountable for integrity of systems.
- Interpersonal Effectiveness – Fosters a network of collaborators.
- People development – Builds future capability.
- Building Effective Teams- Commissions patterns of teamwork.
- Managing Vision and Purpose – Steers the vision.
- Strategic Capability – Creates breakthrough strategies.
- Pioneers Through Uncertainty - Explores options and best approaches to problems.
- Business Savvy – creates new value.
- Functional Excellence - Learns and uses knowledge for business innovation.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, Business or IT background with experience in finance and accounting.
- PMP Designation.
- 10+ years of experience in a related field.
- Excellent understanding of the concepts of financial consolidation and/or budget and strategic planning.
- Strong knowledge of Oracle Hyperion Financial Management and/or Hyperion Planning products or their Cloud versions; or previous experience with a Tier 1 Enterprise Performance Management platform.
- Experience with Oracle Human Capital Management in the Cloud would be considered an asset.