Promotions Director - Term Position
Acadia Broadcasting Limited is looking for a Promotions Director for 97.3 The Wave and Country 94 in Saint John, NB for a one (1) year term position. This is a great opportunity to join a vibrant station that has a large impact on our great city.
The position requires someone who is passionate about the business, has strong communication and organizational skills, and has a desire to become involved with their community.
- Co-ordinate all station promotional events and contests as well as the marketing material.
- Work with programming and sales to create promotional packages and prioritize requests.
- Attend the promotional events to ensure successful delivery of the event.
- Work with representatives of local organizations and their fundraising committees during event planning.
- Manage Promotions budget.
- Co-ordinate stations web presence including web pages, Facebook and twitter.
- Supervise summer cruiser employees.
- A minimum of grade 12 education, combined with 1 to 3 years work experience that would demonstrate the necessary skills and abilities for the position.
- Preference will be given to graduates of a University or College program in marketing or equivalent experience.
- Experience with not for profit organizations and/or Public Relations would be considered an asset.
- Excellent organizational skills, detail oriented, and ability to multitask.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Excellent writing, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends.
- Internet / Web experience would be an asset.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Able to work well on a team as well as independently with minimal supervision.
- On-air experience would be considered an asset.
We strive to be the best radio station in every market we serve through quality local programming, achieving positive results for advertisers, and rewarding employee excellence. If you are interested in joining our team, please forward your resume with covering letter.
Acadia Broadcasting Limited is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.