Commercial Properties Limited has been developing and managing properties in Eastern Canada for over fifty years. We offer high quality premises, great locations, and focus strongly on tenant service. Our specialties include professional offices as well as industrial and retail real estate. We have completed a number of exciting projects over the recent past that we feel have made a difference in the communities they serve.
We are currently recruiting for an Accounting Specialist to join our Head Office Accounting Team at our location in Saint John, NB.
The essential activities of the position include, but are not limited to:
Tenant & Revenues
- Tenant & Lease Data Maintenance including: Unit master, Lease master, Recurring billing, Expense Participation.
- Monthly Recurring billing generation, review & posting.
- Tenant manual billings including but not limited to Annual CAM letters, Annual CAM true ups, annual Property Tax billings and ad hoc billings of tenant specific projects/ requests.
- Tenant Correspondence and Questions.
- Accounts Receivable Collections, reconciliations, and notes.
- Quarterly Expense Participation generation & review.
- Cash application (assist as required).
- Bank Deposit and Monthly Reconciliations.
- Monthly Journal entries.
- Monthly Property income statement review.
- Monthly income statement variance analysis.
- Quarterly Recoverable Admin Costs allocation.
- Internal audit compliance.
- External auditor assistance.
- Annual Budget assistance focus on tenant revenues and recoverable expenses.
The successful candidate will:
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills.
- Be a creative thinker and problem solver.
- Demonstrate exceptional attention to detail and quality control.
- Be able to work in fast-paced environment and manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Be able to work independently, and take full ownership of activities.
- Operate as a team player who collaborates with others to promote understanding and provide necessary support.
Education and Competencies:
- Undergraduate degree or diploma in Business Administration.
- One to two years’ experience in an accounting role.
- Highly competent in Windows environment especially Excel.
- Experience with JD Edwards will be considered an asset.
All Full-time positions offer a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Competitive Pay Scale.
- Health, Drug and Dental Plan.
- Matching Contribution Retirement Savings Plan.
- Life and Disability Insurance Options.
- Confidential Employee Assistance Program.
- Physical Fitness Refund Plan.
If you are interested in exploring this opportunity further, please apply with a resume and cover letter here.