Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Detailing structural steel using Design Data SDS/2 software to produce quality drawings
- Accurately producing shop drawings to meet contract specifications
- Modeling engineering sketches to connect steel
- Cross-checking architectural & structural contract drawings for conflicts
- Verifying connection access for erection
- Additional duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Post-secondary education in Civil/Mechanical Engineering Technology or previous experience in the construction industry
- Ability to read blueprints and desire to learn steel detailing
- Previous experience with architectural drafting/detailing using a computerized drafting software package would be considered an asset
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.