Personal Support Worker (PSW) Casual - Terraces of Baycrest (55 Ameer Avenue, North York, On M6A 2Z1)
Schedule: Casual - Days, evenings, and weekends
Are you looking for a different experience as a Personal Support Worker (PSW)? This may be your opportunity to work in a residential setting. Your role will build off leading edge models of care with this care population maximizing on innovative tools and resources.
Saint Elizabeth is looking for certified Personal Support Workers (PSW) who has a passion for caring for others and is able to assist client with activities of personal care, meals, household management and more. If you are looking for a different experience and driving forward a ‘different model of care’ for an integrated team member as a PSW. This role is for you!
- Must have a PSW Certificate and Grade 12 English equivalency.
- A satisfactory Criminal Reference Check and Vulnerable Sector Check issued in the past 3 months.
- Valid First Aid and CPR certificate
- Consideration will be given to newer graduates that demonstrate a true understanding of the relational care approach and highly developed emotional intelligence.
- Knowledge of household management skills.
- A working knowledge of assistive aides is required.
- Compassionate, respectful and sincere manner with ability to deal with conflict in a diplomatic and professional manner.
- Self-awareness, high emotional intelligence, willingness to partner with residents, families and onsite staff in caring for residents.
- Flexible, adaptable to changing work environment.
- Good computer skills, experience with electronic charting systems are assets.
- Ability to speak other languages, including French and Italian is an asset, Good verbal and written skills.
- Ability to lift 25 kg may be required and perform lifting/bending when required to assist residents.
- Perform, enable, and assist with Personal Care.
- Activities of daily living, laundering, light housekeeping, Meals (full meals and snacks).
- Recreational and leisure activities.
- Perform and monitor health indicators, charting on a daily basis.
- Assist to individualize and personalize residents care.
- Ensure care is delivered in a way to optimize resident choice, dignity, privacy, independence and spirituality.
- Performs delegated tasks as per resident care plan and report changes in resident condition.
- Work collaboratively with nurse leader to ensure adequate food supplies are in each kitchenette for meal and snack preparation and delivery, maintain shopping list following approved menu.
- Provide quality service according to the Care Plan, Saint Elizabeth and Residential site policies and procedures. This would include participating in the development and updating of care plans in a way that balances respect for the resident choice, optimizing health and wellbeing, safety and security.
- Participate in ongoing education programs.
- Engages in self-reflection activities to continuously improve EQ skills.
- This is for a residential site with free parking, no travel required.
Saint Elizabeth is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience. You will also be briefed on the Company’s policies, including its policies regarding human rights, accommodation and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (“AODA”) during your orientation process.