SE Health is hiring a Professional Practice Leader, Mackenzie Health Rehab Services to support the Mackenzie Health expansion to a two-site model. Our client, Mackenzie Health, is a large community hospital located in Richmond Hill and expanding to Vaughan, providing Emergency, Inpatient, Ambulatory, Continuing and Long-Term Care services to a community of over 500,000 residents in Southwest York Region. Mackenzie Health is the District Stroke Centre for York Region.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, Rehab Services the Professional Practice Leader (PPL) supports the vision, mission and values of SE Health and Mackenzie Health. The position demonstrates and provides leadership in hiring and supporting a strong clinical team and advancing care, knowledge, research and education across Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy and the Therapy Assistants. In addition, it seeks opportunities for interdisciplinary collaboration. This role is also expected to have strong knowledge of the Regulated Health Professions Act.
As the successful candidate, you are a graduate of an accredited program in Occupational Therapy or Physiotherapy and are a member in good standing with the appropriate discipline College. You demonstrate experience in a professional practice and leadership, excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills, along with a high level of initiative and adaptability to rapidly changing demands.
- Work collaboratively with the Operations Manager and SE Human Resources to determine staffing requirements, skill mix and staffing levels including participation in recruitment.
- Integral in the hiring process for all new therapists and assistants, including screening applications, interviewing, orientation and preceptorship.
- Conducts performance evaluations on therapy staff and addresses relevant performance issues through development of learning plans.
- Facilitate the coordination of processing for staff scheduling, ensuring appropriate and sufficient weekday and weekend coverage.
- Communicate effectively and collaborates with the Operations Manager and VP of Acute Care Operations to ensure optimal patient outcomes and achievement of organizational objectives.
- Attains knowledge of new clinical developments and best practices in the field and leads implementation of practice changes.
- Identifies needs and facilitates the development and maintenance of policy and procedures, guidelines, medical directives and integrated care pathways specific to the profession
- Facilitate monthly practice meetings to address important practice and operational issues within the hospital.
- Effective communication strategy to ensure the professional discipline is informed of all corporate, program and discipline specific issues.
- Attend Mackenzie Health Monthly Professional Advisory Committee (PAC) and follow-up on practice related activities driven by the hospital
- Meet with Director, Professional Practice regularly to provide updates on practice related activities
- Collaborate with the rehab leadership team from other MH locations to ensure standardization and alignment of operational practices and services across sites.
- Work collaboratively with team leads to ensure continuity of best practices and appropriate complement of skills and competencies of staff.
- Act as a consultant to front-line professionals for practice and operational related issues
- Ensure compliance with therapy standards of practice.
- Provide coaching and mentoring in practice related matters.
- Cultivate the development of a collaborative research culture within and between disciplines.
- Work with the Operations Manager and Director to ensure compliance with internal and external performance indicators.
- Participate in risk management and quality monitoring processes.
- Report on the annual activities of the professional disciplines.
- Define, communicate and facilitate therapy staff and career development needs.
- Work with the student coordinators to ensure appropriate orientation, supervision and evaluation of rehabilitation therapy students.
- A minimum of 5 years of inpatient hospital rehabilitation therapy experience (acute care experience preferred).
- Experience in a professional practice and/or leadership position is an asset.
- Current registration in good standing with the appropriate discipline College.
- A strong clinical background.
- Strong time management and problem-solving skills.
- Reliable, flexible, creative, self-directed professional, able to work effectively and collaboratively with rehabilitation disciplines as well as with a high-performance interdisciplinary team
- Demonstrated decision making skills, with the ability to plan, organize and implement both proactively and responsively.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, including facilitation, conflict resolution and problem-solving.
- A positive work and attendance record is essential
- Teaching and preceptoring experience is preferred.
- Appreciation and promotion of inter-professional contribution to client care.
- Expertise in planning, leading, and evaluating practice changes.
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant legislation, practice standards, and best practice guidelines.
- Strong knowledge of the Regulated Health Professions Act and standards as they relate to OT and PT
- Evidence of ongoing professional development.
- Computer proficiency, in MS office.
Interested candidates may forward their cover letter with resume by April 3rd, 2020 by:
About SE Health
SE Health (Saint Elizabeth Health Care) is a social enterprise applying our knowledge, vision and drive to forever impact how people live and age at home, today and into the future. As a not-for-profit organization with Canadian roots and 110 years of expertise, we bring quality excellence and innovation to home care, seniors lifestyle and family caregiving. Through our team of 9,000 Leaders of Impact, we deliver 20,000 care exchanges daily, totaling 50 million in the last decade alone. In 2019 we were honored to be recognized by Forbes as one of Canada's Best Employers.
Saint Elizabeth is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience.