SE Health is hiring an Operations Manager, Mackenzie Health Rehab Services to support the Mackenzie Health expansion to a two-site model. Our client, Mackenzie Health, is a large community hospital located in Richmond Hill and expanding to Vaughan, providing Emergency, Inpatient, Ambulatory, Continuing and Long-Term Care services to a community of over 500,000 residents in Southwest York Region. Mackenzie Health is the District Stroke Centre for York Region.
Reporting to the Vice President, Acute Care Operations, SE Health this position will manage, plan and coordinate rehabilitation services for Mackenzie Health. The manager will demonstrate and provide leadership for an inter professional team of rehabilitation professionals inclusive of Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Therapy Assistants and Kinesiologists in both acute and outpatient care. He/she will be a qualified Physiotherapist or Occupational Therapist with leadership experience and familiarity working in a team environment with staff, physicians and managers to ensure alignment between program and operational priorities. As an integral member of the SE Health and Mackenzie Health management team the manager will foster a climate of evidence based practice integrating clinical care, education and research, along with a high level of initiative and adaptability to rapidly changing demands.
- Manage an interdisciplinary staff across numerous inpatient and outpatient departments.
- Lead program development and change management processes.
- Promote innovation within the practice, leveraging talent, technology, interest and experience to pursue leading edge practice.
- Ensure continuity of services in the event of staff absences/vacancies; prepare a coverage plan, in collaboration with management and clinical staff
- Work collaboratively with managers/clinicians to ensure continuity of care (staff coverage) and appropriate complement of skills and competencies of staff.
- Provide leadership and work collaboratively with the Unit/Clinical Manager and Human Resources to determine staffing requirements, skill mix and staffing levels including participation in recruitment and retention processes.
- Collaborate with the rehab leadership team from other MH locations to ensure alignment on standardization of operational practices and services across sites.
- Collaborate with management/leadership to ensure appropriate workload and patient activity targets and collection of workload and patient activity data, as required.
- Develop/implement a communication strategy to ensure the professional discipline is informed of all corporate, program and discipline specific issues.
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders such as patients, families, physicians, interdisciplinary team members, external partners and members of the leadership team relative to the professional discipline.
- Facilitate and attend regular one to one meeting with unit/program Managers to ensure smooth operations within their unit/program and address any concerns raised
- Meet with Director Professional Practice at MH to provide updates on practice related activities.
- Ensure compliance with internal and external performance indicators including clinical, operational and financial domains
- Design and implement methods, to continuously monitor and improve the delivery of service using a Rehab Services Balance Scorecard.
- Ensure therapy staff and career development needs are defined. Fostering and supporting continuing education for members of the discipline and unregulated support staff
- Liaise with hospital staff to ensure smooth operation of inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation programs.
- Engage with staff through multiple forums to optimize staff satisfaction, address concerns and promote involvement.
- Attendance and participation at Staff Association meetings including follow up on items raised and addressed by Staff Association.
- Regular meetings with SE Health VP Acute Care Operations and MH Operations Director to provide updates on operations, staffing, scheduling, performance and adherence to contract.
- Completion of employee performance reviews and any resulting performance management activities.
- Regular meetings with site PPL, service coordinator and team leads for updates and to ensure operational strategies, initiatives and services are consistent and appropriate.
- A graduate of an accredited program in Physiotherapy or Occupational Therapy
- Masters level graduate in Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy or Health Admin
- A minimum of 7 years of progressive rehabilitation therapy management experience; hospital and community experience is strongly preferred.
- Current registration in good standing with the appropriate discipline College.
- A strong clinical background.
- Flexibility and the ability to act as a leader and collaborative team member.
- Demonstrated reliability, decision making skills, with the ability to plan, organize and implement both proactively and responsively.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, including facilitation, conflict resolution and problem-solving skills.
- A positive work and attendance record is essential.
- Appreciation and promotion of inter-professional contribution to patient care.
- Excellent organizational, planning and time management skills, as well as the ability to manage multiple, often competing priorities.
- Expertise in planning, leading, and evaluating practice changes.
- Evidence of ongoing professional development.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current practice particularly, with an aging population.
- Demonstrated competence in financial analysis, budget development and workload measurement analysis.
- Demonstrated effective project and change management experience.
- Demonstrated expertise with the ability to teach, coach and mentor individuals and teams.
- Demonstrated success in establishing, leading and maintaining positive change through the implementation of Operational and Professional Practice initiatives.
- Computer proficiency, preferably in MS office.
Interested candidates may forward their cover letter with resume by April 3rd, 2020
About SE Health
SE Health (Saint Elizabeth Health Care) is a social enterprise applying our knowledge, vision and drive to forever impact how people live and age at home, today and into the future. As a not-for-profit organization with Canadian roots and 110 years of expertise, we bring quality excellence and innovation to home care, seniors lifestyle and family caregiving. Through our team of 9,000 Leaders of Impact, we deliver 20,000 care exchanges daily, totaling 50 million in the last decade alone. In 2019 we were honored to be recognized by Forbes as one of Canada's Best Employers.
Saint Elizabeth is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience.