About SE Health
SE Health (Saint Elizabeth Health Care) is a social enterprise applying our knowledge, vision and drive to forever impact how people live and age at home, today and into the future. As a not-for-profit organization with Canadian roots and 110 years of expertise, we bring quality excellence and innovation to home care, seniors lifestyle and family caregiving. Through our team of 9,000 Leaders of Impact, we deliver 20,000 care exchanges daily, totaling 50 million in the last decade alone.
The Personal Support Worker (PSW) will be part of a new 2 year Home Hemodialysis project – with a potential for contract extension. This new clinical model of care is an exciting opportunity for the right personal support worker and will allow a select group of patients to receive Hemodialysis care in their own home.
Here are many reasons why you will want to bring your talent to our team:
- We are offering up to $19.50 (for direct client care). Candidates must have PSW Certificate.
You will be part of a distinguished Canadian, not-for-profit organization with a century of experience
You will experience opportunities to use many of your skills and expand your knowledge
Ongoing opportunities for continuing education, training and professional development
Paid travel time between clients
Total Rewards program which includes group benefits, and pension plan
Extensive paid orientation and preceptorship program
Subsidized OPSWA memberships
Tuition Assistance Program
WorkPerks®, which gives access to exclusive discounts from leading brand name companies and trusted local businesses.
REQUIREMENTS: *** Must be open to driving to client's homes in the areas of Toronto/North York M9N postal code ***
- Current PSW Certificate.
- A current CPR certificate is required.
- Proven professionalism, accountability, responsibility and reliability.
- Proven record of excellent attendance.
- An aptitude for learning new skills and responsibilities.
- Availability to work 3, 4 or 5 full day shifts including weekends.
- A willingness to attend and complete mandatory 21 day training.
- Proficient computer/technological skills and an aptitude for manual dexterity.
- Able to work independently as well as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Maintains positive relationships to deliver person/family centered care.
- Act as a patient advocate with an ability to clearly and articulately communicate patient’s needs.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to escalate issues.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Effective problem-solving and conflict management skills.
- Remains flexible and works well in a changing environment.
- A demonstrated commitment for Quality Improvement processes.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- A willingness to travel and attend meetings to support the needs of the patient.
Nice to have :
- Have worked in hospital setting before.
- Knowledge of Nephrology/ Dialysis.
- Previous Medical/ Nursing education.
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience.