Personal Support Worker (PSW) - Retirement Residence
|# of openings:||5|
Personal Support Worker (PSW) - Cedarhurst Dementia Care Home (2601 Bayview Avenue, North York, On M2L 1B3).
Schedule: Casual - Days, Evenings and Weekends
Are you looking to make a difference? If you are a dedicated PSW that takes the time to collaborate with your client, who is compassionate and willing to focus on their wellbeing, rather than the individual tasks at hand, then this role may be for you!
· Must have a PSW Certificate and Grade 12 English equivalency.
· A satisfactory Criminal Reference Check and Vulnerable Sector Check issued in the past 3 months.
· Valid First Aid and CPR certificate.
· At least 4-5 years working experience with persons with dementia, preferably in a seniors living environment.
· Consideration will be given to newer graduates that demonstrate a true understanding of the relational care approach and highly developed emotional intelligence.
· Knowledge of household management skills.
· Food Safe certificate is required and must be proficient with food preparation and loves to cook and bake.
· Successful completion or enrollment in a Food Service Worker training program recognized by the Ministry of Health and LTC is an asset.
· A working knowledge of assistive aides is required.
· Compassionate, respectful and sincere manner with ability to deal with conflict in a diplomatic and professional manner.
· Self-awareness, high emotional intelligence, willingness to partner with residents, families and onsite staff in caring for residents.
· Flexible, adaptable to changing work environment.
· Good computer skills, experience with electronic charting systems are assets.
· Ability to speak other languages, including French and Italian is an asset.
· Relational Caring through Good verbal and written skills.
· Ability to lift 25 kg may be required and perform lifting/bending when required to assist residents.
· Alzheimer’s and Dementia Certificates is an asset. U-first, GPA, Workshops.
· Perform, enable, and assist with Personal Care.
· Activities of daily living.
· Light housekeeping.
· Meals (full meals and snacks).
· Recreational and leisure activities.
· Perform and monitor health indicators, charting on a daily basis.
· Assist to individualize and personalize residents care.
· Ensure care is delivered in a way to optimize resident choice, dignity, privacy, independence and spirituality.
· Performs delegated tasks as per resident care plan and report changes in resident condition.
· Work collaboratively with nurse leader to ensure adequate food supplies are in each kitchenette for meal and snack preparation and delivery, maintain shopping list following approved menu.
· Provide quality service according to the Care Plan, Saint Elizabeth and Residential site policies and procedures. This would include participating in the development and updating of care plans in a way that balances respect for the resident choice, optimizing health and wellbeing, safety and security.
· Participate in ongoing education programs.
· Engages in self-reflection activities to continuously improve EQ skills.
· This is for a residential site with free parking, no travel required.
Saint Elizabeth has an immediate need for casual certified Personal Support Workers (PSW) who have a passion for caring for others and who are able to not only assist clients with activities of personal care, meals, recreational activities and household management, but who take the time to foster relationships and truly understand the wants and needs of those that they provide care to.
A successful candidate will have a strong affinity for working with patients with Alzheimers and Dementia. A key principle that we look for specific to this role is ‘relational caring’. Relational caring is the on-going process of building a person’s capacity to support another person in their growth and well-being. This means we are looking for a candidate whom has strong empathy, attention to detail, who is real and honest with others, and a strong advocate for compassionate relationships.
Saint Elizabeth is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience.
Please apply by sending your resume to email@example.com
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results