As a Social Worker you’ll provide client management through all stages of assessment, treatment, consultation and advocacy to promote and restore mutually beneficial interactions between clients and their social environment.
Part-Time , 1 year contract opportunity in North Brampton, Caledon, and Bolton area.
- Adhere to all regulatory and legislative requirements in the delivery of Social Work services.
- Develop assessment and treatment plans consistent with College and Saint Elizabeth Standards
- Providing education and information to clients and families to meet treatment goals.
- Facilitating applications to appropriate resources.
- Providing skills and training to assist in accessing resources and access to required support networks.
- Teaching clients and families strategies for enhanced function and coping.
- Ensure service modalities are current and consistent with service delivery goals
- Ensure superior knowledge of support and community resources is obtained
- Provide consultation within a multidisciplinary environment as required
- Maintain accurate and legible written records in compliance with professional college
- Comply with all contractual obligations in the delivery of Social Work services
- Maintain highly professional and collaborative communication with referral sources, clients, caregivers and the care team as a resource to the Customer and Client, as required
- Registered in good standing with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Services Workers
- Master’s Degree in Social Work from an accredited post-secondary institution
- Previous work experience in homecare/community care
- Enthusiasm and love of community rehabilitative care and interest in sharing knowledge
- Excellent assessment skills and a strong practice background
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable with excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to take initiative and adaptable to rapidly changing demands.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (oral and written) and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated skills working independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent skills in case management and working with/coordinating interdisciplinary care teams.
- A vehicle and valid driver’s license and the ability to travel.
Here are many reasons why you will want to bring your talent to our team:
- You will be part of a distinguished Canadian, not-for-profit organization with a century of experience.
- You will experience opportunities to use many of your skills and expand your knowledge.
- Ongoing opportunities for continuing education, training and professional development
- Total Rewards program which includes group benefits, and pension plan
- Education bursaries
- Tuition Assistance Program
- WorkPerks®, which gives access to exclusive discounts from leading brand name companies and trusted local businesses
SE Health (Saint Elizabeth Health Care) is a social enterprise applying our knowledge, vision and drive to forever impact how people live and age at home, today and into the future. As a not-for-profit organization with Canadian roots and 110 years of expertise, we bring quality excellence and innovation to home care, seniors’ lifestyle and family caregiving. Through our team of 9,000 Leaders of Impact, we deliver 20,000 care exchanges daily, totaling 50 million in the last decade alone. In 2019 we were honoured to be recognized by Forbes as one of Canada's Best Employers.
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at HumanResources@sehc.com at your earliest convenience.
SE Health is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families and our staff.