Please Note: This is a 12-month limited term, union position.
The Quality Assurance Clerk will report directly to the Senior Quality Assurance Representative, and provides a variety of administrative and technical office systems support functions to the Quality Assurance (QA) Department. In addition, compiles and coordinates QA documentation for distribution and implementation throughout the yard.
- Provides single point of contact for not limited to, Tote and FFR projects. Maintains and retrieves multiple electronic documents from various sources for distribution and hardcopy/softcopy filing.
- Manage multiple inboxes at the same time.
- Pre/post project document preparation/completion including; SharePoint database set-up, folder creation (hard/soft copy), contact/distribution lists, electronic compiling of customer packages (e.g. PAC files), verify close out of all document types through SharePoint data, hard copy document archiving.
- Provides input towards amendments and controls various QA, Safety and Environmental documents including, Quality Management System controlled procedures, work instructions and forms.
- Transcribes Lessons Learned minutes and controls hard/soft copy records related to meetings.
- Processes and maintains various data, documents, files and project information for recording and distribution to Management and the worksite.
- Prepares accurate reports following established procedures.
- Hardcopy/softcopy files management; manages archival of soft/ hard copies when necessary.
- Assists QA Representatives (and trade Chargehands) with QA related functions when required
- Other duties as directed by Senior QA Representative.
Education and Experience
- Grade 12
- 2-3 years office experience
- Diploma or equivalent in Office Administration
Skills, Knowledge and Required Competencies
- 40 wpm keyboarding
- Digital Data manipulation
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, SharePoint)
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Strong attention to detail, problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure while being adaptable to change
- Demonstrated ability to focus on multiple tasks and prioritize
- Work with minimal direction
- Excellent knowledge of the English language, verbal and written
Seaspan is committed to Employment Equity, supports diversity in the workplace, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including, women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities.