The General Manager is responsible for all aspects related to managing membership sales in an assigned club. Acts as the primary production leader of the club and manages the sales team to ensure the team meets individual, club and company goals. This position also manages staffing, individual and team development and performance management, while maintaining a positive work environment.
- Supervise, manage and lead the sales team to ensure they are meeting expectations and goals.
- Screen, interview, hire, train and develop, coach and discipline the sales team.
- Work with the club management team to manage all aspects of club operations and achieve goals.
- Generate and oversee lead generation for the sales team through company sponsored events.
- Maintain acceptable level of personal sales production set by the District Manager.
- Motivate the sales team and monitor their production levels by using the established company protocols and sales system programs.
- Hold daily production meeting with the sales team.
- Establish and maintain the standard company protocol for sales tours and price presentation.
- Establish and maintain an active referral system with the sales team.
- Establish and maintain a lead box/community outreach system and monitor on a monthly basis.
- Develop and retain corporate client relationships through the sales team on a monthly basis.
- Audit sales team on a monthly basis.
- Willingness to learn and use social media.
- Additional duties may be assigned.
Education & Qualifications
- Two to four years of direct sales experience
- Two years of direct sales management experience is desired
- Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively; strong customer service skills
- Team player with a positive approach; ability to coach and motivate others
- Strong organizational skills
- Has a passion for health and fitness
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Proficient computer use skills
- Requires the ability to stand or sit for up to 8 hours throughout the workday
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- The noise level in the gym is occasionally loud
- Extended workdays are a frequent occurrence, as are weekends and holidays as needed to support the business
- Growing company! BC’s largest provider of fitness clubs, services and brands
- Competitive compensation and exciting rewards programs outside of base pay
- Complimentary gym membership, access to group fitness classes and discounted personal training
- Retail and partner discounts with New Balance, Nike and many more
- Year-round social activities and events; active participant in charitable and community events
About Steve Nash Fitness World & Sports Club
Steve Nash Fitness World & Sports Club is a best in class fitness facility where health and wellness is built into our employee brand. We offer state of the art equipment, best in class personal trainers, and innovative group classes. We are 1,000 dedicated team members serving over 100,000 members across 23 locations and growing!