The Energy Specialist participates in the development and implementation of the strategic plan to meet the University's energy management initiatives. Conducts research, cost benefit analyses and reports on energy efficiency practices to prepare business cases for energy efficiency projects. The incumbent is responsible for initiating and managing energy conservation projects. Liaises with consultants, contractors and facilities maintenance staff to support the implementation of energy conservation measures. The Energy Specialist provides guidance and support to the Energy Manager for the operation of the University's building automation system (BAS) to optimize energy usage while maintaining satisfactory environmental conditions. Develops and delivers training programs, workshops and information sessions in energy efficiency. The Energy Specialist participates as a member of the Energy Committee by attending various meetings, consulting with stakeholders on energy management initiatives, providing advice and updates, and providing leadership for consistent energy conservation practices.
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering supplemented by an energy efficiency training program certificate (i.e. Sustainable Energy Management Associate Certificate, Certified Energy Management (CEM) certificate, Building Energy and Resource Management program certificate etc.), with two years of experience in energy efficiency projects, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Excellent knowledge of energy efficiency and energy management principles.
- Good knowledge of Canadian and Provincial Building Code.
- Good knowledge of electrical, mechanical, and building systems.
- Good knowledge of dynamic controls DDC including TCP/IP troubleshooting operating systems, set-up and hardware configuration.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent research and analytical skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills.
- Ability to develop and deliver training programs and presentation.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others and to facilitate consensus decision making.
- Ability to exercise mature judgment, initiative, diplomacy and tact.
- Ability to write reports with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proficient in the use of word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and database applications.
Please note: the first round of interviews will occur in early August 2019; however, this position will remain open until filled.
Please include your cover letter and resume in one attachment.