This position is responsible for the coordination and administration of a variety of international projects and services. Programs are planned and executed with University faculty and departments in collaboration with partner institutions, community groups and donor agencies (both Canadian and International). The Coordinator will assume responsibility for the management of on-going projects and will support the pursuit of new initiatives, and will be expected to demonstrate professional judgment and skills with respect to the administration, marketing, and implementation of all international programs, and to work effectively with faculty, international partners and Continuing Studies colleagues.
- Undergraduate degree and four years of related international development experience that includes experience planning, developing and marketing and promoting workshops and events or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Excellent organizational, administrative and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to accomplish objectives, set priorities and to organize administrative systems and procedures (including budget).
- Thorough awareness and understanding of cultural issues, such as cross-cultural communications.
- Familiarity with results-based management tools.
- Working knowledge of international development issues and practices.
- Willingness to occasionally work evenings and/or weekends.
- Willingness to travel periodically and to client sites in international partner countries.
Assignment End Date: December 14, 2018