The Coordinator plans and manages event activities and logistics for the Asia Pacific Association for International Education (APAIE) 2020 conference. The position manages pre-, on-site and post-event activities including the development and implementation of event budgets, timelines, procedures and programs; oversees staff and event volunteers; liaises and negotiates contracts with internal and external stakeholders and vendors; manages the creation of event promotional and marketing materials; and researches, compiles and/or drafts briefing notes and scripts for the President and other event speakers/stakeholders.
- Diploma/certificate in Marketing, Communications, Development, or Event Management, with four years of relevant experience in event management and communications, including experience managing high profile events, conferences or multiple smaller events simultaneously, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Knowledge of university protocols and policies.
- Proficient in the use of word processing, spreadsheet, database, content management (CMS), web and graphic applications and the ability to successfully complete training in new technologies and online content management systems (e.g., Blackbaud CMS, innovative event technology).
- Knowledge of effective marketing and communications practices with the ability to create effective marketing and communications materials for events using standard design applications (e.g., PowerPoint, PhotoShop, Microsoft Publisher, InDesign, etc.).
- Excellent communications (verbal, written and presentation) and marketing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, negotiation, and problem-solving skills with accuracy and a high attention to detail.
- Excellent budget and event management skills with the ability to set, communicate and maintain timelines and priorities while working on a number of different initiatives simultaneously.
- Ability to work cooperatively with event partners, senior university administrators, faculty, staff, students and alumni in a variety of settings and to exercise mature judgment, tact, diplomacy, sensitivity and a high level of discretion.
- Ability to respond appropriately to unforeseen occurrences during the delivery of an event.
- Ability to successfully complete work within changing event requirements.
- Ability to supervise volunteer, student and/or temporary event staff.
- Ability to work flexible hours (including some evenings and weekends) and travel to event sites occasionally.
Assignment End Date: April 10, 2020
Please note: This position is Part Time for 3 days per week with the exception of Full Time work in March 2020.
Please include your cover letter and resume in one attachment.